It is not necessary to send money with your child to camp, in fact, we discourage it. The campers are provided canteen items as part of the camp registration fee and each camper will also receive a Camp T-shirt at the end of the week. If a child does bring money and or a cell phone to camp, it will be stored in the camp safe and returned at the end of the week. These items will be collected at registration.
Camp Rappahannock is not responsible for lost or stolen money or valuables (including cell phones).
DRESS FOR CAMP
Campers will feel the most comfortable during their day with an appropriate dress for all our fun activities.
Be mindful that our campers spend a lot of time enjoying nature. As such we encourage appropriate weather attire. We encourage hats and covering the shoulders to provide protection from the sun.
- To participate in awesome activities: campers should be able to participate in all activities including outdoor adventure, bending, stretching, and raising hands comfortably. Avoid accessories that hang or easily tangle (i.e. earrings, necklaces, chains).
- To enjoy time at the pool: one-piece swimsuits and modest swim shorts are recommended. For practical and safety reasons straps are expected on all suits.
- Respect each other! Any slogans on clothing should be free of profane language, alcohol, tobacco references, and racial or extreme comments.
- Tennis Shoes for activities are required
- Flip Flops for shower and pool
- Jacket or Sweater
- Pencils, Paper, Envelope, Stamps (if campers want to send
letters to parents during the camp week)
- Sleeping Bag/Sheets
- Clothing for 5 days
- Rain Jacket (opt.)
- 2 Towels (bath/pool)
- Bathing Suit (1 piece)
- Bug spray
**Make sure all camper belongings are labeled clearly and boldly, especially luggage**
TO LEAVE AT HOME
We do not allow campers to bring handheld electronics including cellphones, iPads, and tablets to camp. In addition, DVD players, video cameras, laptops, and TVs are not needed because we will be having too much fun!
We ask that cell phones not be sent with campers. Our counselors will collect them from the camper if they are brought, and they will be secured in the camp safe. The camper will receive the phone back at the end of the camp. To maintain the privacy and integrity of our campers, cell phones, and digital cameras are not permitted at camp. Pictures will be taken by staff members and posted to the Camp Rappahannock Facebook page as long as the Photo Consent Form has
OTHER PROHIBITED ITEMS
Please do not send any items to camp that could be deemed as a weapon (i.e. darts, pocketknives, Chinese throwing stars). Laser pointers, scooters, fireworks, and lighters are also prohibited.
The camp will not assume responsibility for the loss or damage of any of the above items. If any of these items are found, they will be held in the camp office until the end of the camp week.